It won't surprise you when I say that this has been a pretty slow week for iPhone and iPad news, although I'm sure that there were a huge number of folks who founds new Apple devices under their Christmas tree this week. Here are the articles that I ran across that I thought might be of interest to you.
- South Carolina attorney Justin Kahn recommends apps for attorneys.
- I was impressed when I reviewed PDF Expert by Readdle almost two years ago, and recently Ben Brooks wrote a review for The Sweet Setup in which he concludes that PDF Expert is the best app for managing, editing and reading PDFs on the iPad.
- Philip Michaels of Macworld recommends nine apps for new iPhone users. The ones on his list that I use and like are 1Password, IMDB, Weather Line and Fantastical 2.
- Luke Dormehl of Cult of Mac transcribes part of an interview with Bill Clinton in which he recalls some of his interactions with Steve Jobs, including the time that Jobs gave Clinton the first iPhone before it his the market.
- Jordan Oplinger of The Verge has advice for taking perfect pictures on the iPhone.
- And finally, UK artist Kyle Lambert used the iPad app Procreate to make this very realistic picture of Morgan Freeman. Lambert calls it the world's most realistic finger painting, and he may well be right. It took him 200 hours, but the below video (or click here) shows it all in just a few minutes. Very cool.